[Gimp-developer] Re: Gimp menu thumbnail

Hello, many thanks to your replys.

In mail of Aug  7 2001 22:53:56 +0200, Guillermo S. Romero writes:
> IIRC, no new features will go into 1.2.x. Also 1.2.2 is the latest.
  ..
> About GTK+, they are working in 1.3/2.0 now, so I doubt the patch will
> be applied. You should check what is going in CVS of both, and then
> see if it still applies, and how.

I don't use and check development/unstable version Gimp/Gtk+, now. I
got some advices before that gtk does not have feature of image
displaying on menu. So I worked on easy available version. But I
should more precise trace current state, sorry. (And I missed
gimp-stable updated to 1.2.2).

> I have not test it, but is there a way to turn them off? In GNOME
> there is a global option for this (of course some "smart" apps ignore
> what the user wants). Sorry, but some people dislike distractions.

I added a toggle option to preferences panel (ver.1.2.1). The patch
defaults of the feature is TRUE. Screen shot of panel is put on my
site.

Further, I contained icon image of Script-Fu (text logos and effects)
to scripts by new SF-MENUICON argument (XPM format). This screen shot
also put there.

  http://mibai.tec.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/~oshiro/Programs/others/gimp-iconmenu/index-eng.html

The toggle option is applied on restart Gimp (Plug-ins/Script-Fu menu) or
Script-Fu refresh (Script-Fu menu).

> And as cosmetic detail, the text should be aligned, thus plugins that
> do not have icon should have a blank. It seems a general rule of
> interface design.

Yes, I agree with you. I want to realize these looks, however current
my work does not atain it.

I hear that development gimp have menu icon feature, I check it later.

OSHIRO Naoki: oshiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mibai.tec.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/~oshiro/