Re: [Gimp-developer] Closing Gimp bug reports?

Am 07 Aug 2001 17:41:40 +0200 schrieb Raphael Quinet:

> Now that 1.2.2 has been released, many bugs that were fixed in CVS
> should be officially closed, since they are part of a release.

 The problem is: We don't know that for sure. :/

> If we were a serious company ;-) there would be a QA team changing the
> state of the bugs reports from FIXED to VERIFIED, and then changing
> them from VERIFIED to CLOSED when the new version of the code is
> officially released.  Even if we are not so strict about our bug
> handling process (where is our QA team?  Daniel?),

 Yeah, I'm back.... :)

> it would still be
> good to change the state of some bugs to CLOSED so that we can easily
> check if a bug fix exists only in CVS or if it is part of a release.
> If nobody objects to that, I volunteer for doing this later this week.
> I will go through the bug reports that are FIXED or VERIFIED and move
> them to CLOSED if the fix is part of 1.2.2 (or earlier).

 Let's make it so.
 We should also check back the open bugs whether we can reproduce
 them with 1.2.2 and bother the bugwriters again if not. Of course
 for obvious cases this is not necessary. This way we can move the
 bugs up in the versioning and hopefully sort out a few more.

 In the next time I'll be going to check back all the open queries
 for information and check for reproducibility on my 3 testmachines
 here (i686 notebook, AMD Duron, PPC notebook) whether I can reproduce
 them and close them if not. We need to improve the quality of the
 reports a lot to be really helpful; without a good description
 and a stacktrace for crashes they are useless so we should urge the
 reporters to give us this information.

Servus,
       Daniel