Re: [Gimp-developer] glib/gtk+ 2.0 port

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:18:32 +0200, Lourens Veen <jsr@xxxxxx> said:

>I may be misunderstanding, I'm not a project expert, but if the Gtk
>API is frozen, the only difference between the CVS HEAD branch and
>the latest developer release is bugfixes right?

No, because the HEAD branch could contain preliminary attempts at
bugfixes that don't actually fix the bug or which introduce new bugs.
I expect things like that to appear (and subsequently disappear) from
time to time on the development head.  In my experience, a bugfix will
appear on the head branch once the developer who found the bugfix has
verified that the code compiles with the fix and appears to fix the
bug, but before the bugfix has been thoroughly tested by other
developers.

Kelly