[Gimp-developer] Re: Quesitons about support for Djvu format and Color selection

smustudent3@xxxxxxxxx (2001-07-15 at 1042.57 -0700):
> 1) I was on the lizard tech site a while back, and I
> stumbled onto this page:
> http://www.lizardtech.com/products/djvu/referencelibrary/DjVuRefLib_3.0.html
>
> I am relatively ignorent of coding, but I have seen
> Djvu images in action and been quite impressed.  It
> was originally developed by AT&T and then sold to
> these guys.  If this site is correct, they have
> released some fairly interesting software under GPL,
> including the complete decoder and some more basic
> encoding abilities for the djvu format.  Would this be
> useful to add to the gimp?  Has anyone looked into
> this before?

When coders see the word patent near something, they can get very
nervous, even if it says that they grant it. Ask the company, maybe
they want to create and maintain it, as PR.

BTW, they are messing GPL and Open Source. Hohoho, if FSF people reads
the page.

GSR