[Gimp-developer] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Important! Canon Update [WAS: 4.2 tentative plans]

Oi,

I will probably get one or two Canon inkjets for my printing booth on the LinuxTag in Stuttgart, Germany (July, 5-8). What is the state of the Canon stuff of GIMP-Print? Will I be able to print photos in a rather high quality on a recent Canon inkjet? Will 6-colour printing be possible? I don't know which models I will get, which Canon models would you recommend to me for a demonstration of photo printing with GIMP-Print?

Thank you in advance for your help.

   Till

Andy Thaller wrote:

I changed the driver so that it produces exactly the same init sequences as
version 1.12 (when it still worked ok) except for the models BJC-6000, -6100,
-6200 (which should work), the BJC-6500 (in non-DMT mode), the BJC-7000 (only
pagemargin fixes) and our most favourite, the BJC-8200 (still highly alpha,
most propably not working, etc)

All Canon users please try all possible combinations of color modes,
resolutions, printheads, etc with your model. Please drop me a message if
everything works fine or which exact combination produces false printout size,
borders, aspect ratio, etc.

Please make sure to reset all color settings etc before testing. If you
encounter false color densities you can compensate with the color settings in
gimp-print, please also report the values producing the best result.

If there are problematic color transitions and you feel like tweaking the
color definitions inside the driver, please send them, too.

Thank you for helping,
Andy