[Gimp-developer] Re: UI remarks

collin@xxxxxxxxx (2001-06-06 at 1724.02 +0200):
> This of course does not mean that you have to cater for those that
> are too lazy to indulge in some minimal form of self-education.

As admin for some time, I think it happens a lot, or I had very bad
luck with my users. When you have to reply some questions, and none
include "I searched here but still have the problem", you start to get
a bit unhappy. When the question come back after some months, you
wonder if people remember that paper can be used to write notes
(obviously, their heads can not fulfill the task).

First counter question to asking users: "have you read the tips?" Most
of them have not. Dunno why, maybe they think tips are for kids, or
tips are just jokes, or who knows what.

GSR