Re: [Gimp-developer] Plug-ins, menus and user interface

On 1 Jun 2001, at 20:06, Raphael Quinet wrote:

> Adding the most frequently used items to the menus is
> solving a convenience problem for experienced users, while
> having different modes is solving the "getting familiar
> with the Gimp" problem for beginners.  I think that solving
> the latter is more important.

I think they can be combined. Beginner mode always locked to a
specific set, just like 'full mode' (in which you would get the whole
set of menu items). But advanced modes can have a set of the most
used menu items too. Maybe you could even have advanced modes based
on typical type of use for, say, web designers, film editors, people
working for print, et cetera.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx