Re: [Gimp-developer] Copyrights and licenses

Dave Neary (dave.neary@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> So if one wanted to release a plug-in as a proprietary application (God
> knows why you'd want to - I don't believe anyone would pay for a module
> to a graphics application), I don't see any GPL issues myself. Am I
> wrong?

Actually - if all of the Gimp Code would be released under the GPL
there would be an Issue, since the Plugins link against the libgimp.
Fortunately the libgimp is released as LGPL which explicitely allows
to link commercial programs against LGPL'ed libraries.

Bye,
        Simon
--
      Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/