Fw: [Gimp-developer] The GIMP Webpage

Hi!

> And "what is the purpose of the site?" Some answers can probably be
> found from webmaster@ mail archives (if there are such things) and by
> listening to users. Before thinking anything else we should think what
> should be there? And if we use PHP, we need some sense in the code, as
> PHP tends to evolve into ultimate spaghetti (just look at themes.org)..
> In that sense the perl template thingy would perhaps be better. Also PHP
> can be used like that, although not many people (including me) do it
> (there is a template class you can use and it fills your page template
> with stuff, much like Java servlets or the perl thingy)

[...]

Fully agree here. We need a more precise plan of what should be there. The
design bureaus creating pages for the commerce start off with brainstorming,
too. Perhaps someone is already working on a mailinglist. If it's a big
problem, gimp-page@xxxxxxxxxx should be just a matter of hours.

Anyway, parallel hacking isn't that bad, though. We gain experience about
what could become useful / useless later. So, when it comes to designing the
final engine (whether PHP or Perl), this could become important in order to
avoid mistakes already made.

> "Looking for PHP coders to hack on www.gimp.org" is going to give a ton
> of "Oh, I just found this PHP thing and it is l33t!" -coders and will

;-)

CU, Michael

--=[        t0mcat@xxxxxx        ]=--
--=[ http://www.technoid.f2s.com ]=--