Re: [Gimp-developer] Plug-ins, menus and user interface

On 01 Jan 1970 01:59:59 -0500, Miles O'Neal wrote:

> Raphael Quinet said...
>
> |This would be nice to have, but I think that it would be too
> |ambitious.  What I had in mind is something simpler.  Basically,
> |hiding the menus that are seldom used by unexperienced users.  The
> |toolbox could also be made simpler, but this is not really necessary.
>
> If you mean something like Windows 2000, that would be OK.
> My only concern is that these not morph like W2K menus based
> on the selections du jour.  You get a set to start with, with
> little arrows to indicate more.  Clicking on the arrows would
> expand the menus and, perhaps, open a popup explaining that
> they can set expanded menu mode in the preferences.
>
> Is this like what you were thinking?

And these menus are the most annoying things ever to use. Since it makes
using them really slow, because every time when the menu is "adjusted"
and new things get hidden or shown, the positions of the menu items
change, and thus "Gaussian blur is not the second item from the top on
the second submenu" anymore. So you actually need to read the menu texts
every time very carefully, which makes things very icky to use.

Tuomas

--
|  Tuomas Kuosmanen  |  Ximian  |  Art Director  |