Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: The GIMP Webpage

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:09:41PM +0200, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> kmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx (2001-05-23 at 1055.42 -0500):
> > >I know, I know.  Since we're probably going to rewrite the site in
> > >something less arcane and more known, now is the ideal time to revamp
> > >the look and feel.
> > I hate it when sites change things.  (My credit card company changes
> > their online customer service system every couple of months and it
> > drives me nuts.)  There is nothing at all wrong with the current look
> > and feel, and I see no reason at all to change it.
>
> Some people want constant change, looks their desktops, new themes
> each week. Others want to keep the same year after year, but that way
> the design staff of your credit company would need to find new a job
> or do other things in the time between changes. ;]
>
> IMHO we could keep the blue and white scheme, and maybe redo the
> titles and navbar a bit, so people still see it as Gimp site, but
> updated (content update IMHO is the important one, BTW).

	I'm not picky about the backend, the language, the look,
etc. I think the primary goal should be to make it easy to keep
the content up to date, and make adding/editing content as easy
as possible. The perceived difficulty in keeping content up to date
was the downfall of the old site.

Adrian