Re: [Gimp-developer] [PLUGIN] Gallery Maker full reviewed

Hi,

Fabian Frédérick <fabian.frederick@xxxxxx> writes:

> btw, I saw a plug-in registry in Gimp Homepage ; is it
> mandatory to register my plugin in order to reach Gimp core application ?

registering your plug-in is a very good idea indeed since it allows
other users to find it.

Regarding the question to include it with core Gimp: As already
discussed here several times, the plan is to distribute less
plug-ins with the Gimp core package instead of adding new ones.

Unfortunately we have not yet managed to find a suitable system
to distribute plug-ins outside the core package. I'd like to bring
up this discussion again now since I would like the new system to
be in place for the upcoming 1.3.0 developers release if possible.

The best plan we have come up with so far is to include only very
few basic plug-ins with the core Gimp and add a number of extra
plug-in packages that bundle plug-ins for special purposes. A few
extra-large plug-ins could even be distributed as stand-alone
packages. However this has to be discussed further...

Salut, Sven