Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Re: couple possible TODO items

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 09:31:11AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Also, it is nice to unpack a new gimp and be able to just reach out to
> > your desk (maybe) and get it configured and working right then. A lazy
> > LUser like me would like that. The gimp is LUser friendly.
>
> what kind of desks are that where there is no ruler, but credit cards,
> photos, film, CDs etc.? I guess we will run into a lot of trouble
> trying to find a suitable item that is available on everyone's desk
> and is guaranteed to have the exact same size no matter where you live.
>
> If you ask me, people should spend the money they save by using Gimp
> to buy a ruler. Actually I do not think that anyone who cares about
> her images having the exact screen resolution does not own a ruler.

I made the suggestion because I thought a) it might be easy to find
something that most people will have available and b) it might be
worthwhile to make a general calibration like this available to
everyone, not just people who have special needs for knowing the
monitor DPI. The latter could very well not be true.

However, even if the consensus is "just get a ruler", I think the
current measurement dialog could be improved with a user interface of
"stretch the virtual to fit the physical," rather than the current
setup.

Zach
--
xach@xxxxxxxx     Zachary Beane     http://www.xach.com/