Re: [Gimp-developer] Can you please remove the Gimp-Developer prefix?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 01:00:49PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Shlomi Fish <shlomif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > The messages from this mailing list have a [Gimp-Developer] prefix
> > attached to their title and it is quite annoying. Please remove it if
> > possible.
>
> IMO it is very convenient and it is a common habit for mailing list.
> You could write a procmail rule that rewrites the messages for you
> if it annoys you that much.

That's fine but not all of us use procmail or use procmail.  I personally
check my personal mail from work via mutt, and leave it as it is in the
mailbox so I can pop it from home when I get off work.  I agree with the other
poster, it's a visual thing as well.... Even when things are filtered I still
filter evolution, gimp and gtk* lists into a "linux" folder, because I want to
see messages that are mostly the same in the same mailbox, but still with the
visual reference of where they are from.  But that's just me I guess.  I
*could* do it better, but I choose not to :)

--
Arcterex <arcterex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   -==-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I