[Gimp-developer] Bug or feature?

Lately I've been having problems using filters on transparent backgrounds.
Today for example I was trying to use FlareFX. I wanted the background
transparent, the flare shows up in the preview but after clicking OK
nothing shows up in my image. Is this a bug or a feature? I've had this
problem with other filter commands as well. I'm using Gimp 1.2.0

Chris

--
Bill Gates is just a monocle and a Persian Cat away from being one of the bad
guys in a James Bond movie. -- Dennis Miller