Re: [Gimp-developer] A typo in preferences_dialog.c

Nick Lamb <njl98r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:56:33PM +0100, egger@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >  We should really start discussing which dependencies would be
> >  acceptable to introduce. I'd really like to see gconf for configuration
> >  files and freetype2 for fontrendering to get rid of the X dependency
> >  and the all time sucker "standard font tool". And I'd like to evaluate
> >  ORBit as alternative to the wire protocoll as well as (optional) bonobo
> >  for embedding of GIMP into other applications.
>
> Is it possible to push font rendering (entirely) into a plug-in and give
> that the freetype2 dependency?
>
> Or an extension, if it makes a difference ?

Yeah, with GLib 2.0 we can just make it a GTypeModule tool. In any
case, it should be a tool so we can edit the stuff directly in the
GDisplay.

As long as we stick with Gtk+ 1.2, I guess we should just depend on
FreeType. Additionally, FreeType doesn't simply crash the X server
when asked for a huge font ;)

ciao,
--Mitch