Re: [Gimp-developer] What's going on in gimp-print land

   Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:30:56 +0000
   From: Austin Donnelly <austin@xxxxxxxx>

   I think the easiest thing is to have the version in CVS (and gimp
   snapshots) to include the code for the shared library, and an
   integrated build system.  I'd even go so far to say that the plugin
   should be statically linked against the library, to avoid version
   skew if the user installs a different version of the shlib later.

This sounds like you're suggesting that we split out libgimpprint and
the clients into separate packages.  This would total four
(libgimpprint and associated tests, the plugin, the CUPS driver, and
the Ghostscript driver), plus possibly other packages for things like
Debian and RPM packaging.  I presume you'd want to pick up
libgimpprint and the plugin, without the CUPS and Ghostscript drivers.
We're working library version skew issues (Roger has architected and
done an initial implementation), although there is something to be
said for building it statically within the Gimp context.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for Gimp Print/stp --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net