Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp and PDL

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 05:11:01PM -0500, Maneesh Yadav <97yadavm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all, I tried compiling gimp(1.2.1)  with  perl enabled, and I get the
> following error msgs that look like:

Check wether you enabled multithreading when compiling perl.

> it's just a matter of adjusting what gets passed to Perl_croak...anyone
> know of a quick fix/PDL examples?

No, it isn't. It is easy to make it compile indeed, but impossible to make
it run. Please read the text that gets displayed when you enable threading
in perl: If you enable it, you are supposed to be able to fix it (perl).
Perl-5.6 and below WILL segfault with gimp and multithreading.

(Please also note that using threaded perl will always be slower than
non-threaded perl even if you parallelize your problem(!))

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|