problem with gtk+ colorselector

Hello,

I have found a very annoying problem with gimps gtk+ colorselector.  Since
I don't use it normally, it came into my eye after installing digipencil.

Because the testprogramm that come with gtk+ shows the right behaviour, it
maybe there is a problem with the gimp inheritance of this widget.

The problem:
I click on the foreground color (black) and choose the gtk+ selector. Close
the color selector.
Then click on the background (white) and the two labels under the
colorcircle are filled with black and white (from the left)

My first problem was that I was unable to change the foreground color.  But
this was a problem with the value.  The circle shows a color but this color
has no value, so it was always black ...

And the behaviour I described above seems to be related to this.  The gtk+
colorselector seems to display the color that was chosen the last time.
This is probably due to the fact, that the color selector isn't destroyed
after choosing a color.  If you leave the selector open and doubleclick on
the other color (back- or foreground) you can see this clearly.

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/