Re: configure

Martin Weber <martweb@xxxxxxx> writes:

> There seems to be a problem in configure. If I use a freshly installed
> Linux without the headers of the kernel sources installed, configure runs
> without any error, but doesn't define certain variables. So the whole couldn't
> compile. The thing is that configure should check for the headers of the kernel
> sources.

A linux installation without kernel headers can not be called "a freshly
installed Linux". In fact it's an "incompletely installed Linux" at least
if you intend to compile stuff on this box. The distribution (or the user
himself) should take care of installing appropriate header files when
installing the compiler. It's not Gimp's job to take care of each and every
thing a dumb user could do wrong.

Salut, Sven