gif comment and undo info

HI !!!

I use gimp(1.2.0)-perl for making gif images in batches  and a batch is
of around 5000 images(gifs).

What should be the ideal size of the tile cache(currently 50m) so that
gimp does not create a swap file.(it takes up all the disk space in one
batch)

I delete the image after I save as gif so that only one image is open
at any given time.
secondly I dont want to store the undo information
"gimp_image_disable_undo " gives me protocol error and the same error
results if I set the undo-levels to 0 in gimprc

Why ? what should I do ?

somehow I have not been able to use the  gimp-comment parasite
I will be highly oblige if someone can please show me how to add a gif comment.
programatically.

Thanks in advance

Chetan