Re: Submitting Patches

Hi,

"oliver" <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 	I've hacked a few of photoshop's blending modes (dodge and burn -- which
> are different in photoshop than multiply and divide -- and hardlight) into
> the gimp 1.3 sources. I was wondering if this would make an interesting
> patch, and if so how do you guys prefer recieving them?
>
> 	In any event a unified diff against current CVS is attached.

A short patch like this one can always be sent through this list.
But I'd prefer if you could redo the patch, because of the following
reasons:

- it reverts a change in the preferences dialog. You obviously
  didn't cvs update before creating the diff.
- it changes some autogenerated code (the files ending in _cmds.c).
  The changes have to performed in the directory tools/pdbgen/pdb
  on the .pdb files.

You could help us by providing a new patch. Sent it to the list again
or upload it to ftp.gimp.org.

Salut, Sven