Re: [Nem W Schlecht] ESC / Enter functionality

> Along the same lines, "Enter" should always activate the "Okay", unless a
> selection menu (like the font selection menu in the Dynamic Text plugin)
> is currently active.  This bugs me quite a bit, as well as a lack of the
> "Esc" functionality described above.

It "mostly" works.  However it doesn't work when you are most expecting
it.  This is in part due to the fact that you have to explicitly set which
button will receive default action (which means adding extra code, oh my
god), and because even if you DO have a default button (File->New) dialog,
and you are inside of a text entry widget, the default button doesn't do
anything because even inside of a single-line text entry it still grabs
the enter key before it gets to the button.

As far as Esc goes, I would imagine they would need to add a signal and a
handler to each dialog box they want to use that way.  I could be wrong,
but if this is the case, nobody is going to do that just to make a few
users happy.

In the GDynText example, the dialog has a lot more problems besides not
properly reacting to Enter or Esc.  It seems as if I cannot operate that
dialog from keyboard at all, because <tab> key presses are ignored, and
the focus only moves around the 3rd toolbar that lets you select font,
size, etc.  All the other buttons have to be clicked.

tc

--
     timecop at japan.co.jp | OA通信サビース株式会社 | NTT DoCoMo