Re: 1.2 and beyond

   From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
   Date: 10 Dec 2000 18:50:36 +0100

   As Mitch already pointed out, bug fixes will go into the 1.2.x branch.

The issue's not bug fixes, but feature enhancements -- new printers,
quality improvements, and such, as we're already working on our 4.1.
Should we plan on just doing our own releases, as we've done thus far,
or will there be some kind of update release train that we can sync up
to prior to 1.4?

I don't expect an answer right now; this is an important issue of
release strategy that shouldn't be answered quickly, but it's
something that needs to be considered given how large a package the
Gimp is.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx