strange bug

Hi all,
I ran across what I believe to be a strange bug, I have sinced fixed the
source but I'll try to give a verbose explanation here, let me know if
someone wants an example (the problem is that is a little unreproducible):

I made a list file loader which opens a file with a newline delimited list
of filenames, and creates an image whose layers correspond to  the
the files in the list. It creates a new image and then a new layer (we'll
call it newImage and baseLayer).  I open up each image in the list, cut
each layer out and paste it into newImage (via
gimp_floating_sel_to_layer), then delete the image that was opened, and
repeat for the next filename...

Problem: I would get glib "couldn't allocate x bytes errors" un-
reproducibly, the error would come from the
gimp_image_delete(tempImageIJustOpened) call.

What *seems* to fix it (I hope I am not speaking to soon):

I initially made the baseLayer 1x1 (since I only use it to paste ala

floatLayerId=gimp_edit_paste(baseLayerId,TRUE);

Increasing the size to 100x100 seems to make the problem go away...

Hope it is not an error on my part, but just thought I'd report it.
Seth suggested inserting a sleep call between openining the images (since
I guess I am kinda doing it fast and there was a similar bug report), but
it didn't help.

Thanks,
Maneesh