Re: use of the Delete key on Dec keyboard or similar

      I still do the majority of my work on
    Linux in terminal windows.

It loooks like you're referring to the GNU/Linux operating system,
rather than the Linux kernel; if so, would you please write
"GNU/Linux"?

The GNU Project needs to get credit for the developing the GNU system,
since this helps us do more of everything we try to do (including the
Gimp).  So it is a GNU convention that we should call the system
GNU/Linux, the combination of GNU and Linux.  That gives us a share of
the credit, while still giving Linus Torvalds a share as well.

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html for more explanation.