Re: use of the Delete key on Dec keyboard or similar

Could be me, but isn't the .Xmodmap file supposed to take care of that?
I'm using the Dvorak keymap on a Qwerty keyboard, and I simply installed
a different Xmodmap file, which works fine. Do you have the same problem
in other programs?

If so you could try putting

keycode 127 = Delete

in ~/.Xmodmap.