Re: Tablet Testing

the Loial Raven wrote:

> I've been looking back through the mail archive and am seeing if it is any
> way tied to my own problems... but i checked and i'm getting the same
> problem... i didn't even notice it before. I also noticed some other
> interesting things.
>
> i'll give the output from xinputev as well as a little bit of what i was
> doing:
>
> Enabling No. 0: "Eraser" (Type: 2)
> Enabling No. 1: "Cursor" (Type: 3)
> Enabling No. 2: "Stylus" (Type: 1)
> Enabling No. 65244: "Core Pointer" (Type: 0)
> button_press  :  device     2  pressure 81.000  button 1    - pressed tip
> button_release:  device     2  pressure -79.000  button -1  - pressed B3
> proximity_in  :  device     0                         ---
> proximity_out :  device     0                            |
> proximity_in  :  device     0                            |
> proximity_out :  device     0                            |
> proximity_in  :  device     0                            |
> proximity_out :  device     0                            |
> proximity_in  :  device     0                            |
> proximity_out :  device     0                            |--- moved stylus
> proximity_in  :  device     0                            |    around
> proximity_out :  device     0                            |
> proximity_in  :  device     0                            |
> proximity_out :  device     0                            |
> proximity_in  :  device     0                         ---
> button_press  :  device     2  pressure  8.000  button 1   - released B3
> proximity_out :  device     0
> button_release:  device     2  pressure -101.000 button -1 - pressed B2
> button_press  :  device     2  pressure -101.000 button 3  - released B2
> button_release:  device 2 pressure 105.000 button -1       - released tip
>
> that definitly looks odd to me. i also noticed the lack of button_release
> when using B3 on it's own...
>
> under no other condition does the proximity_in/out happen except when a
> true proximity change.
>
> Hope this helps at all...
>
> Now the little thing i also noticed was the pressure readings... it seems
> that using xinputev, it shows my minimum pressure as 127, and max as
> -128... and yes, in that order.
>
> thanks
>     Matthew Peters

Matt

Thank you for sending this to me. I'm about to leave for work, so I
haven't digested this, but it looks similar to Raphael's bug.

I've taken the liberty of forwarding this to gimp-dev mailing list.

I'll be able to give this more thought when I'm home for (American)
Thanksgiving holiday.

Be good, be well

Garry