Re: [gimp-devel] Types argument to gimp_install_procedure

Robert L Krawitz (rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> What happens if you specify RGB rather than RGB* as the image type
> (I'm presuming RGB* means RGB or RGBA) and you get passed an image
> with an alpha channel?  Does the plugin refuse to run (or the Gimp not
> allow the plugin to run on the image), or does the Gimp (or the
> library) handle the alpha channel on the fly?

Specifying "RGB" should disable the menupoint with RGBA images.
However, IIRC doing a PDB-Call from a script-language does work.
Most plugins do a sanity check at the beginning and return an
execution error when the bit-depth does not match.

Bye,
        Simon
--
      Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/