Re: test program for waitpid/sigchld problems

Here's the results I got with your test program on Solaris 8, OSF1, HP-UX, AIX.

Ludovic.

Results on Solaris 8:

bondi> sigtest
installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 9253 to exit...
child 9253 has exited
  sig_pid = 9253
  sig_status = 25600
  main_pid = -1
  main_status = 9999
sigchld handler was called before waitpid (no status)
bondi>

Results on OSF1- V4.0 True64 - alpha

centauri> sigtest
installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 26517 to exit...
child 26517 has exited
  sig_pid = 26517
  sig_status = 25600
  main_pid = -1
  main_status = 9999
sigchld handler was called before waitpid (no status)

Results on HP-UX B.11.00 E 9000/715

gorzon> sigtest
installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 26769 to exit...
child 26769 has exited
  sig_pid = 26769
  sig_status = 25600
  main_pid = -1
  main_status = 9999
sigchld handler was called before waitpid (no status)

Results on AIX 3.4

aladin> sigtest
installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 15236 to exit...
child 15236 has exited
  sig_pid = 15236
  sig_status = 25600
  main_pid = -1
  main_status = 9999
sigchld handler was called before waitpid (no status)
aladin>

--
Ludovic Poitou
Sun Microsystems Inc.