the GIMP (fwd)

This came in on the webmasters alias.  I thought everyone
working on uit at all should see it.

-Miles
From: "Kevin" <khaos1997@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <webmasters@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: the GIMP
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 01:16:25 -0500

at first, i was thinking about reverting back to my illegal photoshop.  =
then i realized this was doing everything my photoshop was doing, just =
taking up 90% less space on my hard drive.  then i discovered the =
filters.  wow, my image was now a neo-cubist painting... just when i was =
planning on telling my friends about this cool new program i found FREE =
on the internet, i found the light filters.  holy cow!  this program was =
amazing - actual screen flares!  my photoshop doesn't do this (at least =
that i know of).  photoshop is now gone, and i currently believe the =
gimp will one day replace oxygen as the thing we all breathe to stay =
alive.  in closing, i just want to tell you guys you've made a damn cool =
program (even thought i AM using the windows version, but that shouldn't =
matter anyway)...