Re: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.1.29

JPEG can cause the main app to segfault fairly easily.
 There's a few reports regarding this, but the easiest
I found to reproduce was:

create big image, open layers/channels dialog, save as
jpeg.  Click the quality slider repeatedly until
segfault.  It is gimp itself segfaulting, not the
plug-in.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the preview code not
getting time to update the thumbnail before moving on,
but I've not confirmed that.  There's probably more
going on as well, because putting a check for validity
in those routines doesn't stop all them (but does most
of them).  Also some concern that this is more
pervasive and may create some of the "random" crashes
sometimes reported.

Of all the ones listed, I think this is the one people
will run into the most.  JPEG is kinda a popular
format, and people will want to play with the snazzy
preview features.

Seth Burgess
sjburges@xxxxxxxx