Re: bug in patch-1.1.27-1.1.28

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 09:28:52AM +0200, thus said Raphael Quinet:
> > Another minor thing: the new splash screen is not included in the
> > patch.  Maybe it is better to leave it out of the patch anyway,
> > because the splash screens tend to grow bigger and bigger with every
> > release...
>
> Hmm.. my digicam does 2048x1536.. wait until I do a nice photo splash! Why
> are the latest ones so huge anyway? The resolution on the photos they
> contain is pretty low and crappy anyway, would look better if it was scaled
> to half I guess.. And use the gimp-freetype plugin if you want to have small
> sized readable text :)

OK...  I will create a new splash screen during the week-end.  It is
easier to create an image than to work on the open bugs, and I am
feeling lazy for the moment, so...  :-)  Also, I had started working
on a new splash screen two months ago and maybe I could finish it this
time.  It has the same size as some of the earlier ones, and it
features Wilber and... err... let's call her Wilma.  Did we have a
vote on her name when I created the Valentine's day splash screen?

I'm glad to see that the ratio of gimp-related mails versus spam has
increased today!

-Raphael