Re: Off-by-one errors on large images..

On Friday, 20 Oct 2000, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> While I have been doing some larger images, mostly 1600x1200 size and
> bigger, I have noticed that if I zoom the image smaller, I get a lot of
> one-pixel wide vertical artifacts when I move floating selections around. I
> think I have had the "view selection" toggled off. Looks like some of the
> code that cleans up after moving the layer is just sweeping the dust in one
> pixel too narrow area or something..? There are also some
> one-pixel-distorting when making icons (small images) and zooming them very
> large on the screen so that the pixels are huge - the pixel squares distort
> on the edges when I pan the image around with middle mousebutton.
>
> Anyone else experiencing something like this?

Yes, sort of.   Not quite exactly the same circumstances, but I filed
a bug report on something quite similar.  The bug tracker's webpage
seems to be down at the moment, otherwise I'd be able to give you a Bug#
for it.

There are a bunch of inconsistencies in the co-ordate transform code
that show up as single pixel-wide problems at high zooms (or in your
case at low zooms on large images).

I've been meaning to look into it, but haven't found the time :(

Austin