ANNOUNCE: gimp-print 4.0b3

This is gimp-print version 4.0b3.  This is the third beta of the 4.0
stable release.  It is not 4.0, but it should be very close.  This
release is important for CUPS users, and for people who had problems
with the configure script in gimp-print 4.0b2.  The changes have
otherwise been minor.

Gimp-Print 4.0b3 contains the following fixes over Gimp-Print 4.0b2:

1) The gimp-print configure script failed on version of the Gimp older
   than 1.1.20 or thereabouts, give or take a few versions.  That
   should now work correctly.

2) The Ghostscript and CUPS drivers did not handle printer-specific
   default options correctly.  This led to incorrect gamma and/or
   density on many printers, and on the Epson Stylus Photo 870/1270, a
   green tint.

3) Some of the defined PCL paper sizes were not included.

4) We have been unable to get the Epson Stylus Color 480 to work
   correctly in any mode, due to some quirks with this printer.  We
   have therefore removed it from the release.  It was not possible to
   change the ink cartridge on this printer in any event, due to the
   lack of front panel buttons and inability to get the necessary
   command to change the cartridge.

5) The Canon BJC-7000 had an incorrect definition.

6) The native CUPS driver did not correctly handle the printer
   resolution for non-Epson printers.

7) With CUPS 1.1.3 and earlier, the CUPS drivers do not pass through
   the media type correctly, so the driver always prints with the
   default media type.  The solution is to upgrade to CUPS 1.1.4.

8) With CUPS 1.1.3 and earlier, Under some circumstances the margins
   are not set correctly.  The solution is to upgrade to CUPS 1.1.4.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net