Re: moderation...

Nick Lamb wrote:

> We shouldn't, because it makes it very difficult to reach "a Gimp
> developer" in reasonable time. #1 preference should be that someone
> (you?) volunteer to receive unsubscribed mail, read it quickly and
> forward anything approximately on-topic. #2 preference is what we
> have now, spam goes to a savvy audience who hopefully never reply,
> never show any sign of having received the mail. #3 is the worst case,
> where we return unsubscribed mail as undeliverable, or refuse to
> accept it if that's possible at scam...

I'm usually at #2, but I couldn't help writing a humorous response to my first
message.  I was hoping everybody will read it and move on, but oh well...

At least the spammer will (hopefully) get what s/he deserves.

--
Brendan Byrd AKA SineSwiper (SineSwiper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Computer techie, Perl hacker, and all-purpose Internet guru