Re: MacOS X

I guess I'm going to have to start playing with it...
The difficult thing is that none of the plugings are
causing the gimp to crash at all-- they're just not
working like they're supposed to.

--- Raphael Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, if the plug-ins are crashing you could try to
> use gdb (if it
> works on MacOS X) and see what went wrong.  You
> could for example post
> a backtrace here so that we could have a better idea
> of where the
> problem is.
>
> Do you have any kind of debug output from the gimp
> or the plug-ins?
> Any warnings regarding shared memory, tile
> transport, or anything like
> that?
>
> If you do not see anything wrong, you could try some
> step-by-step
> debugging with gdb, or some "printf debugging" in
> some plug-ins.  For
> example, you could take a simple plug-in such as
> common/tiler.c and
> insert some debug statements in the "run" procedure
> and see how far it
> goes.
>
> If you still cannot see anything wrong, then you
> could try to debug
> libgimp, but this will be more complex...
>
> -Raphael

=====
| jessewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or jesse_w@xxxxxxxxx |
| AIM: Syrex314   ICQ: 35267546                      |