Re: compile gimp-1.1.26 (error)

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 04:42:43PM +0200, Raphael Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At this stage (when building the po files), the "blib" sub-directory
> does not even exist yet, because it is only created when make is run

Oops, found it. I lost my cvs directory and it seems that cvs didn't check-in
the last change (or better I had some old version and nuked my changes), and when I refreshed my directory it was lost. Should be
fixed in current cvs, to check it out, just edit plug-ins/perl/Makefile.PL
and search for a line like this one:

@DIRS=(... po)

and remove the po form the list. Obvious bug, if you look at the right
place ;:(

> But this is an ugly workaround, and the real solution is to fix the
> generated dependencies in plug-ins/perl/po/Makefile.

The real fix is to not touch the Makefile at all. Sven changed the build
process so that perl does not build it's own po files anymore, so perl
just has to leave the directory alone (as it did until I reverted the
patch).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|