Re: Expanding the Palette

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Robert L Krawitz wrote:

> Web image editing is much lower resolution than photo editing/print
> image creation.  More interesting for this purpose would be people who
> use the Gimp for fine art or such.

I am currently using my third digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 950 and I'm
looking at trading up to the 990.  I have been doing all of my artistic
work using the gimp.  It handles large high resolution files just fine.

For printing I'm sending the high resolution files to a company that
outputs them to photographic paper.  I have no idea what they use to make
the prints but the quality is fantastic.

The latest additions to my portfolio, made with Gimp, are as good or
better than anything I did with photoshop in the past.  I'll challenge
anyone to visit my studio and stand in front of the prints and tell me
photoshop or gimp.

If you know what you're doing and you understand digital imaging you can
get good results from either program.

I hope that they are many more artists out there using the Gimp!
--
Jon Winters http://www.obscurasite.com/

   "Everybody loves the GIMP!"
      http://www.gimp.org/