calling script-fu from perl script

I'm trying to call the Drop Shadow filter from a Gimp Perl script.  I've
tried it a number of different ways and it crashes each time.  I think the
right format is:

$drawable->script_fu_drop_shadow("8", "8", "15", [0, 0, 0], "0", 1);

which should be exactly the same as using the defaults when you run it
interactively.  I've also tried without the quotes (those are supposed to
be STRINGS according to the PDB).  Am I passing the color argument
incorrectly?  The drop shadow script does appear to start (the image window
gets resized) but immediately after making a selection around the current
layer Gimp crashes.

Any ideas?
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                      http://www.graphics-muse.com