GIMP Table Magic

Hi all,

I was looking in the DB Browser, and noticed a function called file-GTM-save. In the blurb, it says that it is called "GIMP Table Magic", and it creates an HTML table from an image by slicing it up. This is not unlike what Macromedia Fireworks does (in Fireworks, you can slice up an image and create _javascript_ rollovers from certain slices).

I have been looking for a while to see if this functionality can be achieved in GIMP (being able to lay out a complete web page in an image - say 800x600 - and then slicing it up to create an HTML table).

I noticed that there is an ImageMap plug-in, but this only creates an HTML block (a <MAP> block only). This is OK, but it is a bit limiting, especially if you don't want to use Image Maps on your web page.

Can someone tell me if they have used "GIMP Table Magic" (or file-GTM-save) before ?? Alternatively, is there other functionality available to achieve this ?

I have been using GIMP for a while, but I am a newbie when it comes to being a developer - which means that I am not sure where to start. So feel free to respond in simple terms...

Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you.

regards,
Andrew J Fortune