Re: Gimp to MacOS

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Jason T. Slack wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am interested in doing a port of GTK+ and GIMP to MacOS.
>
> Has anybody started this?
>
> Should I go full speed ahead?

Hi,

I guess that Gtk+ and Gimp will run more or less automatically
on MacOS X' BSD API once there is an X server, so there should
be no need to "port" it.

If you mean to port it to MacOS X' native windowing system, then
it sould be mostly a matter of porting Gtk+. You should ask on
the Gtk+ developer list if there are alrady efforts to port
the upcoming version 2.0 to MacOS X.

Porting them to the classic or carbon APIs may be not really
fun because they lack stuff like processes and pipes.

ciao,
--Mitch