Re: 32-bit images in gimp - Alpha handling wrong?

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 10:39:26PM +0100, I wrote:
> <sigh> No the program which produced your example PNG image is broken.
> The PNG specification requires straight RGBA, pre-multiplied alpha is
> prohibited and this is spelled out several times. Gimp can't hope to
> interpret an invalid image correctly.

On further examination it looks to me as though the test image on your
web page is in fact a _picture_ of an image file which you feel didn't
load correctly.
If I'm right, please provide the _original_ file, if you can't see
the difference never mind, I assure you I know what I'm doing.
If in fact that image file is the original image file, my previous
recommendation remains, we must alert png-implement about this broken
software or process immediately.

Since you mentioned PovRay I looked at their code, I found it to be a
tangled mess, but didn't see anything strikingly wrong with it. I would
be most suprised if the PNG on your web page was produced by that code
though.

Nick.