animation "tweens"

Hi,

I was teaching a friend of mine how to save .gif anims with the GIMP the
other day.  Its easy to do some pretty cool stuff but the lesson left me
wondering about a possible feature.

Would it be possible to add "tweening" simmilar to what Macromedia
fireworks has.

Basicly you have two layers and you can tell gimp to morph from one to
the next in the animation over N amount of frames.  Might also be cool
if we had a menu of transition effects for use in animations.  Fades,
Wipes, etc...

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
--
Jon Winters  http://www.obscurasite.com/jon/

   "Everybody Loves The GIMP!"
      http://www.gimp.org/