Re: compression parameters on re-save jpeg

> When I load a jpeg image (e.g. to turn it 90drg) which compression parameters
> got
> it saved with using save (Ctrl-S). I assume the original once are not recorded
> in the image,
> so how could I be shure that the quality is perserved.

The quality can not be preserved since JPEG is a lossy format and will
always degenerate the image on each subsequent save. If I remember
correctly, GIMP does indeed store the compression parameters with your
image. If you use the "Save As" function you have the possibility to
check and change the parameters.

Salut, Sven