Re: XCF loader for gdk-pixbuf

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 03:34:17AM +0000, Jay Cox <jaycox@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Until very recently the code in xcf.c and xcf.h had no copyright notices
> at all in them.  I don't think this puts those files into the public domain

A copyright notice has not much to do with the license in most parts of
the world. According to the Berne convention (something the US has signed
but not ratified yet for example) anything you find which doesn't have an
explicit license mustn't be used, looked at, copied etc..., thus giving
authors a maximum of assurance.

> I hereby give my permission for anyone to use the portions of xcf.c
> that I have written under the terms of the LGPL.

The problem, of course, will be S&P, which are very difficult to
contact. It took quite a long time until I had the license changed from
GPL to LGPL for a single file in libgimp, so whoever weants the license
changed should act soon ;)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|