Re: EPIPE

   Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 20:22:27 +0200
   From: Michael Natterer <mitschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   Unfortunately this is not the reason why gimp dies on just any aborting
   child. Although I 100% agree that SIGPIPE being fatal is the wrong thing
   to do. I browsed CVS and Gimp is connecting SIGPIPE to on_signal() since
   the beginning of CVS time.

Absolutely.  I get hammered by this on the print plugin every now and
again when I'm hacking on it and it segv's on me.

While we're on the subject of plugin interaction, is there any way
that hitting "cancel" could be a bit more graceful, to allow the
plugin a chance to clean up?  The print plugin doesn't get a chance to
clean up its lpr child when the user cancels, with the result that an
incomplete print file gets sent to the printer.  That's nasty.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net