Re: Tiff changes?

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 06:54:51PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> /usr2/graphics/gimp/gimp-1.1/gimp-1.1.21/plug-ins/common/tiff.c:1237:
> undefined reference to `TIFFFindCODEC'
>
> Have the libtiff requirements changed recently?  1.1.19 built fine.

Yes, there has been a change to my use of libtiff, on the discovery
that recent versions have removed support for LZW. Can you tell me
which version of libtiff you have, so I can guage what to do next?

The problem is that we can't trivially detect at run-time which
CODECs are really present, TIFFFindCODEC was better than nothing,
but if it causes problems I'll remove it, because it wasn't really
The Right Thing (TM) in my opinion anyway.

At worst, users will receive a strange, but intelligible message
from the library telling them to choose a different CODEC, I think.

NB None of this affects loading images, and you should NOT be
creating more TIFFs, so hopefully right thinking people are quite
unaffected apart from this build problem.

Nick.