Re: Feature Request: Layer Export

>> But there seems to be no way to do it from a script. I had to resort to
>> duplicating the entire image and delete the unwanted layers, which seemed
>> slightly wasteful.
>
>I don't understand, scripts are supposed to ALWAYS work this way, and
>you say that there's no way to do it? If you save a layer from a script
>it should just... save that layer, unless the file format is capable of
>multiple layers, then you'll get all of them I think.

Perhaps some of the file plug-ins are buggy. I get the complaint:

ERROR: Procedural database execution failed on invalid input arguments:
    (gimp_file_save 1 0 4 "zoop.xpm" "zoop.xpm")

and nothing was saved. (Running in interactive mode works.)

TGA and XCF works. PNG tells me "can't save image with alpha". Weird.