Re: Gimp User Installation Dialog.

> The truth is: any window may or may not fit any screen size, as the gimp
> has _no_ control over the pixelsize of it's windows.

I'm going to assume I misunderstood you here; gimp most certainly tries
to control the size of its windows, through zoom or use of scrollbars.
It does its darndest to make sure images will fit on a screen, and makes
suggestions to the wm to put them there (the wm is free to ignore this).

The same care has not been taken for all elements of gimp, and this
sloppiness shows up in dialogs that run off even huge screens.  I think
that this is what you're trying to address, yes?

Seth Burgess
sjburges@xxxxxxxx